Thursday, October 15, 2009

Sweet Moments

I'm 35. I am still in my robe bought by the hubby several years ago. I love this. It is what I want at this moment. The house is empty except for the crazy kitty and Bash, the wonder dog who loves to eat toilet paper, the cat food, and maxi pads.

Never in a million years did I think my life would be as it is at the moment. I make such bad choices. I'm 35 and still in my pink robe for goodness sakes!! It's 10:16 A.M.!! LOL But, still, this is the least of my choices that I am ashamed to admit. And yet, here I sit still in that robe that should have been washed weeks ago.

How on earth am I supposed to create sweet moments if I keep making the same mistakes over and over?? Why do I deprive myself of happiness for a few moments of pleasure??

Men are that they might have joy. I suppose the definition of what brings joy will vary from one person to the next. But the basic principles behind how we obtain joy remains the same. By making correct decisions the pathway to joy will become more clear and I can break away from those things which stunt my personal growth and may even have an eternal effect in my life. Am I willing to give up all the worldly things that continue to ultimately bring such sorrow into the very core of who I am.

Who I am and who I wish to be are very much two polar opposites. True, I am a bipolar 35 year old lady living in your average run of the mill town in Northern California. But my mental illness is not a gateway to blame all my troubles on. I must face those troubles head on regardless of my illness. I can not an will not allow this to be a crutch in which I use an out to why I screw up. Sure it's no fun to deal with, but it's no excuse.

In my blogs I will keep some things sacred. But for the most part, what you get from these blogs will be straight forward, and honest. I call it as I see it. I am sassy. I tend to be impulsive and selfish. I can be an ego driven crazy lady who just wants to live for the sweet moments, drive away the bitter thoughts, and love the ones I cherish.

No comments:

Post a Comment